[CDBI] DB connection lost? Program ABENDs on PING?

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Mon Feb 18 20:05:47 GMT 2008

On Feb 18, 2008 6:52 AM, Tom <tom at miramedia.co.uk> wrote:
> However I have found that there appears to be some kind of DB connection
> timeout occurring, which causes the daemon to stop completely.

That's correct.  The DBI handles in the parent eventually timeout and
tell MySQL to clean up, which then kills your connections in the child
processes.  To prevent this, either avoid forking with open
connections as Edward suggested or set InactiveDestroy on the handles
before forking.

Also, make sure you have the latest Ima::DBI installed.  Older
versions would break even if you did set InactiveDestroy.