[CDBI] Class::DBI patch

Edward J. Sabol sabol at alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Jan 17 19:18:46 GMT 2008

Veselin Slavov wrote:
> I'm using '*Class::DBI*' in my projects with '*DBD::Pg*' database
> driver. When use some tables like this
> *__PACKAGE__->table('schema_name.table_name');*
> and inserts more than 1 record - inserting failed!
> To simulate this problem please see attached file '*simulate.pl*'.
> I found solution - *Class_DBI.diff* - and think it will be useful for
> other PostgreSQL users also.
>
> I will be very happy if You apply patch in future version of package.

I probably shouldn't speak for Tony, but I can't imagine him accepting such a
patch. It's very PostgreSQL-specific. I think you would have better luck if
you submit a patch to Class::DBI::Pg which adds an override for the
_auto_increment_value() method. That seems to be the appropriate place for
such a fix to me.

http://search.cpan.org/~dmaki/Class-DBI-Pg/

Hope this helps,
Ed