[CDBI] UNIVERSAL::can

Edward J. Sabol sabol at alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Jan 17 19:31:37 GMT 2008

J/R Bartels wrote:
> I would love to see someone fix this in the module so I don't have to
> edit it on every machine I install.
>
> Called UNIVERSAL::can() as a function, not a method at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Class/DBI.pm line 265
>
> I always fix it like this:
>
> #       UNIVERSAL::can($_ => 'id') and $_ = $_->id for @pk_values;
>        eval { $_ = $_->id } for @pk_values;
>
> Is there some way to get this into a release?

That certainly seems like a good patch to me, but nobody on the mailing list
has the ability to commit patches to Class::DBI. Have you tried the procedure
outlined in the documentation?

http://search.cpan.org/~tmtm/Class-DBI/lib/Class/DBI.pm#Getting_changes_accepted

It might take a while, but submitting your patch to RT CPAN is your bet best.

Hope this helps,
Ed