[CDBI] Class::DBI patch

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri Jan 18 10:27:07 GMT 2008

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 02:18:46PM -0500, Edward J. Sabol wrote:
> Veselin Slavov wrote:
> > I'm using '*Class::DBI*' in my projects with '*DBD::Pg*' database
> > driver. When use some tables like this
> > *__PACKAGE__->table('schema_name.table_name');*
> > and inserts more than 1 record - inserting failed!
> > To simulate this problem please see attached file '*simulate.pl*'.
> > I found solution - *Class_DBI.diff* - and think it will be useful for
> > other PostgreSQL users also.
> >
> > I will be very happy if You apply patch in future version of package.
>
> I probably shouldn't speak for Tony, but I can't imagine him accepting such a
> patch. It's very PostgreSQL-specific.

No it isn't, it's improving Class::DBI's support for the DBI documented
standard approach of getting the last inserted id.

Stunningly depressing how bad support in the various DBDs is though; DBD::Pg
didn't used to handle it, so DBIx::Class uses a completely different approach
(basically "fun with finding sequence names via heuristics" ... don't ask :)