[CDBI] List still active ?

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Sep 3 10:20:16 BST 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 08:55:57AM -0400, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 5:10 PM, Jay Strauss <me at heyjay.com> wrote:
> > I believe much of the wind went out of the sails, when the Tony Bowden
> > (co-author and maintainer), said in the perldoc of the module:
>
> To be fair to Tony, he did that after a big blow-up on the mailing
> list in which he felt harassed and decided he didn't want to deal with
> running the community anymore.  He didn't do it out of the blue
> without provocation.

No, there was plenty provocation, although you could maybe argue he
overreacted a little - but he was mid-his-company-being-taken-over so
a little overreaction to extra stress is hardly anything to blame him for.

Was all a bit of a shame really, and spannered the early days of the
DBIx::Class project as well because people put it into production while
we were still in research mode, and other people who hadn't paid attention
to events properly thought it was a hostile fork.

We were definitely living in Interesting Times for a short while there.