[CDBI] Null Column Causing Repeated DB Calls

eric.berg at barclayscapital.com eric.berg at barclayscapital.com
Fri Feb 26 16:21:36 GMT 2010

I'm optimizing one of my cdbi classes and found that one of my columns often contains a NULL value, and when I iterate through a set of results from a search_* query, when I attempt to do assignments of that attribute, cdbi is making another call to the db just to retrieve that value, when it's value is NULL slowing things down considerably.

I'm about to try to override the accessor for that column, but I'm wondering if there's a way to address this issue within cdbi in general.

Anybody have any advice on the matter?

Thanks.

Eric

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of Barclays. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Barclays. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the following link: www.barcap.com/emaildisclaimer. By messaging with Barclays you consent to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC, a company registered in England (number 1026167) with its registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays Group.